Friday, August 26, 2011

Cyborg 009 volumes 1-10 (Scanned by Random Scans/kickthekitty)


Here's a little something I did for fun. Cyborg 009 is a classic, influential series that's very popular in Japan.  It's so popular, that after Ishinomori ended it he was convinced to bring it back for a total of 36 volumes, serialized in about 8 different magazines.

The point where he originally ended the series, however, is volume 10, which is exactly where the Tokyopop volumes ended.  Right, guess I should mention that these are the Tokyopop volumes, which were scanned by the ever awesome Random Scans.  Normally I wouldn't do something like this but A) Tokyopop is dead in the US and B) I have no respect for them as manga publishers.  Also I was bored and this was a quick editing job.

Anyways, enough of my babbling.  Enjoy the series, and don't forget to thank Random Scans for making this possible.

Volume 1 (edited by kickthekitty of Random Scans)

3 comments:

  1. Another reason the Tokyopop manga is rare and expensive. It took me a few months to track all the volumes down and I spent well over $100 for them all.

    Anyway, one of my favorite manga. Glad they were finally scanned for everyone to enjoy. I really hope that future volumes will be translated. There are some raw scans posted and that user wants to translate them but isn't that experienced and would like help if anyone is interested. They can probably get scans of the rest of the series since they're big fans.
    http://cyborg009.livejournal.com/62469.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please fix the links. Sankyu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd second that. Loved this for years, looked forward to translations (or fanslations), but all the links lead to Mediafire, and slow, turgid death. Any chance up updated links? Or a torrent?

    Thanks!

    Davey

    ReplyDelete